In June of 2016, our Council was chartered at the San Francisco Parish in Rancho Santa Margarita, California. A “council” is formed most often at the parish level to provide opportunities for charitable works throughout the parish, social events, and family financial security.
Our goals include the following:
- Family Activities: Social opportunities and parishioner family support by offering financial instruments as a Knight of Columbus Member.
- Church Activities: Opportunities to pray together, enhance your experience at church, and engage younger parishioners.
- Youth Activities: Aiding our active Youth ministry in the Parish and providing needy children with adequate winter clothing.
- Community Activities: Helping the community in need. Example: building homes with Habitat for Humanity.
- Council Activities: Special projects that support Special Olympics and Camp Re-creation.
- Culture of Life: Profess the course of life as Christ prescribed; from conception to natural death.
The Knights of Columbus has a myriad of many different programs that follow the teachings and policies of the Roman Catholic Church, and our activities and focus changes from month-to-month. Vatican II foresaw the importance of the emerging laity in the Roman Catholic Church, and the Knights of Columbus is a leader in that vision.